Can we stand the test of time?
In present days, world progresses and our everyday life changes constantly. It’s sometimes hard to keep up with it, although new inventions and solutions are here to help us with it. There is no denying that it allows us to perform our tasks faster and more efficiently and at a quicker pace.
Although, It’s easier to save time with all the traffic-measuring applications and suchlike, it’s easier to waste itas well.
Cellphones make communication lightning-fast, but we spend too much time using them. Personal computer can do wonders to one’s education a nd productivity, but they also provide may time-consuming activities of little importance.
Jobs are more engaging and inclusive but we tend to run short of time by choosing work over leisure. It’s hard to tell when will we be able to make up for the time we lost. For some, during their work time drags, for other working is like a blessing.
On the other hand, latest inventions cause everyday activities or chores to take up significantly less time,giving us the opportunity to spend it in other ways. Dishwashers, modern washing machine or even automated robotic vacuum cleaners can really provide us with decent amount of free time.
If we want to be happy, we have to take our time carefully, set our priorities straight and make most of our time while not wasting too much of it. As ‚they’ say, time flies and before we notice, we run out of it. It’s up to us whether we can have in mind what is really important or not.
Can we make goood choices? Time will tell.
Tutaj znajdują się wszystkie pogrubione wyrażenia oraz ich polskie znaczenia:
- stand the test of time – wytrzymać próbę czasu
- keep up with – nadążać za
- quicker pace – szybsze tempo
- save time – oszczędzić czas
- waste time – marnować czas
- spend time – spędzać czas
- time-consuming – czasochłonny
- we run short of time – kończy się nam czas
- make up for the time – nadrobić stracony czas
- take up time – zajmować czas
- free time – czas wolny
- set priorities – ustalić priorytety
- time flies – czas leci / ucieka
- time will tell – czas pokaże